Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Electric
Plug into the sun for FREE energy! Become energy independent, reduce your utility bills, protect yourself against blackouts and reduce environmental pollution!
Solar Electric (or Solar PV) systems convert sunlight to electricity. The systems consist of modules – or solar panels – inverter, charger and batteries. The PV modules generate DC electricity and send it to the inverter, the inverter transforms DC power into AC electricity and regulates the charge of batteries. The batteries store electricity that can be used at night or during blackouts.
Photovoltaic systems are modular, you can start with a basic system and add on as needed. Solar Direct has a complete line of Solar Electric products and accessories at extremely competitive prices. We have consultants and engineers ready to assist you make the best choice for your energy needs.
We specialize in :
» Grid-Tie Solar Electric Systems
» Grid-Tie Solar Electric Systems with Battery Backup
» Off-Grid Stand Alone Systems
» Individual Solar Electric Components
» Advantages of Photovoltaic Solar Power
» Other Solar Electric Products and small devices
A valuable feature of grid-tie or grid-connected photovoltaic systems is the ability to connect with the existing power grid and sell excessive electricity back to the utility with a plan known as Net Metering. At times when you are not using all of the electricity produced by your system, your meter will spin backwards selling the electricity back to the grid at retail rate. This systems do not include a battery. Power is obtained from the utility grid when the system is not producing electricity.
Grid-Tie Solar Electric Systems with Battery Backup have all the features of the Grid-Tie Systems with the addition of a Battery. The battery can store power for use when the system is not producing electricity such as during the night or during blackouts.
Off-grid stand alone systems operate independent of the electrical grid. You can purchase individual components to build your own system or purchase pre-packaged systems (pre-packaged systems coming soon).
Build-Your-Own. You can create your own system by purchasing components separately. Photovoltaic systems are modular, you can start with a small system to power small appliances and grow your system as needed or as finances allows and grow to full energy independence.
Photovoltaic solar power is one of the most promising renewable energy sources in the world. Compared to nonrenewable sources such as coal, gas, oil, and nuclear, the advantages are clear:
- Generates free energy from the sun
- Has no moving parts to break down thus requiring minimal maintenance
- Non-polluting energy reduces emissions: Has no direct impact on the environment
- Photovoltaic (PV) cells are modular, you can start with a small system and expand as your needs increase
- Systems have a long life & durability. Cells last 25-30 years
- Grid-Tie systems allow you to sell excess electricity back to the utility
- Can be installed and operated anywhere including areas of difficult access and remote locations
- Helps get us off dependence on foreign oil
- PV cells make no noise and give off no exhaust
- Allow the use of electricity in remote areas where it would be expensive or impossible to run power lines
- Have electrical power during blackouts
- Rebates and incentives depending on where you live